Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Time for the Finishing Round of Dare to Get Dirty!

This is my second post today - please CLICK HERE or scroll down if you are looking for my Cute Card Thursday post.
------------------------------------

Hello friends!
I'm back again this morning to share the last bit of creations that I made for the
"Dare to Get Dirty" challenges with you!  The "Dare to Get Dirty" challenges will end by tomorrow, but if you are playing along, you will have until August 9th to upload your entries!  I cannot share what these challenges are as you must be a fan club member to join us!  (If you are interested in that CLICK HERE for details.)

Yesterday was MY turn to host a challenge (Sorry, I can't tell you what it is...you have to be in the "Dare to Get Dirty" challenge thread to see it!)  I've actually made two cards for my challenge:
This was such a fun card to put together!
I have actually made my own stencils with some circle dies and used it to sponge in different distress ink colors for my circles.  I left the centers of the circles a little bit lighter for a dimensional effect.  I like to make my own stencils with dies using an acetate sheet so that I can wipe it off and re-use it over and over.  I think this is a great way to stretch out the use of your dies.

I have die cut it out with a stitched rectangle and layered it onto another piece of silver foil card stock that was also die cut with a stitched rectangle.  I took this Altenew set to heat emboss the sentiment on the black banner.  I added a nest of silver thread behind it and popped it up with some foam tape.

I mounted the hole thing on a black A2 sized side folding card base and finished it off with some clear sparkling sequins and added a drop of silver Stickles to the centers.

Here's a closer view of the card:
You can really see all of the awesome shine coming from the foil paper and sequins here.
I love the way this one turned out and this is probably one of my fave distress color combinations!

and here's the second card for my challenge:
This card was a bit tricky, but what I've done is take some masking tape strips (that I cut thin enough myself) to mask off triangle shapes.  I covered the masked triangle areas with VersaMark and heat embossed them with some sticky clear EP.  This made the triangles sticky which I covered with different colored glitters in each section.  I used a border stamp to stamp in the zig zag lines between them.  I attached this panel onto an embossed white card base made with that geometric embossing folder.  The die cut sentiment is from MFT.  I finished the card with a black ribbon at the bottom and some more clear sparkling sequins that I covered the centers with some yellow Stickles.

Here's a closer look at this card:
I was trying to get a close up shot of all of the glitter.  It really looks so much better in person! :)

----------------------------------------------------


Yesterday was also Jeanne's challenge, so I made this for hers:
I really love how bright and bold the colors turned out on this one!
I have used a new to me technique on my card called "Acrylic Batik" (Click the image to see the tutorial.  You do not have to be a fan club member to view it.)

I heat embossed this background stamp from MFT called Floral Fantasty with white EP and then I used some neon acrylic paints that was supplied to me by my mom (Thanks mom!) and dropped some in various places over the embossed image.  I then took a straight edged card and swiped the paint around to get the design.  I placed it over a piece of black card stock that was die cut with the MFT Stitched Scallop Basic Edge border die.  I also die cut the MFT thanks die with black card stock and then mounted this over an A2 sized side folding card base.  I stamped the sentiment under the panel with the MFT Essential Sentiments set.

Here's a closer view of the card:

I finished the card off with some black sequins and added some black enamel dots in the center of each one.

-----------------------------------------------------

For my last card, I've made this one for Edna's challenge:
This one makes me smile! :)
I was so happy to be able to pull out one of my card kits and play around with the stuff in it for this.
All of the stamps and products I've used on this came from the Simon Says Stamp February 2017 card kit.  (I think this cute little coffee die is still there if you are interested!)  I used this SSS Coffee Love die and cut it out several times in the different colors to put him together.  I used my Copic marker to give some lines on the cup sleeve and also to color the top of the lid.  I took some glitter to cover the little heart he's holding.

I attached him to a circle that was cut out with the MFT Sitched Mini Scallop circle die that was sponged on the edges with some white ink.  I then popped that up with foam tape over the grid paper background (included in kit) that was mounted onto an A2 sized pink top folding card base.

I used some more of the papers from the kit for the senitment banner along with the donut under the circle.  I just cut it out from one of the papers included in the kit.  I took my marker and made some stitched lines along the edges fo the decorative paper and then stamped a couple of hearts from the stamp set in the kit with some pink ink.  Lastly, I've added the smiling coffee bean stickers and the gold star sequins that was also included in the kit.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here you can better see the glittery heart and cup details as well as the smile faces on the coffee bean stickers.  I'm glad I was able to get this card kit out to play with...I had fun! :)

I hope you've enjoyed seeing the creations that I had been making "behind the scenes" to share with you for this event!  I have been really enjoying seeing the gallery of those who have played in my challenge!

Thanks for dropping in today and please stop by again tomorrow for another "Flashback Friday"!
Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


26 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

These are all fabulous Vicki, love them all but the first is my favourite.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

Wow, you've been very busy with this great series of cards, Vicki....but I love them all!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

More awesome cards! They are all terrific! I love the way you gave the circles dimension on the first card and that last card ~ the coffee card is just as cute as can be! I love the middle two also!

Chrissy said...

Four fabulous cards Vicki..love the background on the "Thanks "card with the colours and embossing..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki four gorgeous cards!! I love the colors and bling on your first two cards AND OMGosh the embossed floral card is absolutely stunning! I'll have to check out that technique for sure. Adorable coffee card too, I love the colors!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly said...

Okay. These are all AWESOME, my friend! Love them!

Lois Wyche said...

Vicki, your cards are "ALL" beautiful and colorful. The designs are outstanding and I just had a great time admiring your wonderful work of art.
~Lois

Bożena Adamusińska said...

These bullets are awesome! You painted them stunningly. I love the dark edges and the bright center. Color penetration makes them look like they were made of frosted glass. WOW!
The third card caused my slippers to fall off :-) But the colors! I love black contrast to those amazing, bright and bold colors. WOW! WOW !!
So many beautiful cards in one post! Thank you for the beautiful impressions.
Hugs,
BozenA

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous cards but the first one is definitely my favourite-a great use of dies and the shading is perfect
Carol x

Carol L said...

You truly are a crafty person, and I love each technique you showcased with your cards! The first one is a real dazzler with those rich colors, and the triangle glittered panels are eye catching too. Love the colors of the 3rd card, but that little coffee mug is the cutest thing ever!! Great job on all!

April Story said...

Love these cards! Such a great variety!
April
www.sandc101.com

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have been stamping up a storm! I just LOVE all of your cards- gotta try the third card technique a try- and love the idea of stamping with the shapes as well!

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, you have made some gorgeous cards, all so different, and each so lovely in its own right. But my fave has to be that spectacular black card with the colourful circles, wow! Well done on a magnificent card display. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Debra K. said...

So many fantastic techniques all on one post! Love the inked circles on the first card, such lovely blending there and you're so right about the lighter middles giving them more dimension. Looks fab mounted on the silver card and the sentiment is so true :).
The glittered triangles look wonderful especially with the geometric embossing above it, such a brilliant design.
Lovely heat embossing, a really lovely background stamp. What a clever use of acrylic paints and a wonderful combination of colours too. Another fabulous design.
Last but not least this really cute card. It made me smile too :). I just love how he's holing the glittery heart in his hands and those coffee beans and doughnut are just adorable.
I really don't know where you get all your ideas from for all the spectacular cards you've made for the challenges! Send some of your mojo over to me please :D. Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

Wow Vicki, when you post you surely give us a treat, love these and most love the gorgeous orange one...need to check out the video.xxEnjoy your weekend.♥
[aNNie]

Kim said...

Your cards are amazing!!! I love the different techniques. They're stunning!

Fiki said...

wonderful cards!
love them all!

Rhonda Miller said...

These are all great.

Patti J said...

Wow! You have been so busy! I'm impressed, dear friend! Love them all, and your Thursday post is amazing as well! The third card makes me think of my MIsTI...so cute!

Sarah said...

An incredible collection of lovelies...again!! Amazing colours on the first one Vicki and I am in awe at your perfect stencilling. Love the coffee cup too, so cute xx

Donna said...

Fabulous cards, like the bold colors, they really make an impact with your fabulous designs Vicki!

Nana Connie said...

Turquoise and purple just happens to be my favorite color combo ever, and you've done such gorgeous work with it on those first two cards! Not that the rest are equally impressive, my friend, but my eye just naturally jumps to purple and turquoise. :-D

Pia S said...

Ooooh, what a fantastic card with all those circles. I like how you put them over each other and the colors, this design is so eye catching and cool!

JD/ Jill said...

"Wow" All amazing cards!

I Love the quote that you have...that I'm reading above this comment.

You have reminded me that I purchased one of his books and still have not getting around to reading it...
Hope you are having a great weekend!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow awesome selection of cards Vicki, each one is full of colour and delight, superb work
hugs
lorraine x

CherylQuilts said...

Vicki, what a FUN time with DTGD, hasn't it been? I've loved it, and what amazing cards you made! I really LOVE the first card...wow! Your circles are amazing in how they overlap and yet are still uniquely their own circles. Love the frame too. Love the others, and I really was intrigued by the last one that reminds me of my MISTI! You are amazing, my friend! I'm ready for some slow-down time though! Haha! How about you? Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...