Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

There's More Dare to Get Dirty to See!

Hello friends!
Thank you so much for your kind comments and encouraging words on my posts!  I appreciate your thoughts and patience with me! :)

As I had mentioned before, there were LOTS of "behind the scenes" crafting going on and Sunday was basically just the beginning of things that I want to share with you!  (Yes!  There will be lots more coming and I am thinking ahead of what other posts I will be creating!)

The "Dare to Get Dirty" event is half way through the challenges, and I wanted to share some more creations that I've made for my fellow Splitcoaststampers "Dare to Get Dirty" teammates!  I cannot share what these challenges are as you must be a fan club member to join us!  (If you are interested in that CLICK HERE for details.)

So for yesterday's batch of challenges, I made up 3 different samples...
This is the card that I've made for Janine's challenge:
I thought this would be a fun "get well" card to send to someone!
Sometimes I like to go through some of my neglected stamp stash and use them again.
I pulled out a stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps (now closed) and used it for my design.

I stamped the pills inside the bottle and fussy cut out the bottle along with coloring them a lighter color to make it look like the pills are inside the bottle.  The pills outside of the bottle spilling out are colored a bit darker. I stamped the sad face onto the bottom of the therometer

I've also used some SU! DSP from my stash to create the background "Dr. note" feel.  I took a tab punch to create the holes at the top.

Here's a closer view of the details:
Here you can see the embossed sentiment on the black banner panel as well as the glitter over the heart on the bottle.  I've also added some glitter to the thermometer too.

--------------------------------------------------
My next card was created for Robin's challenge:
I had so much fun coloring up this sweet little girl!  She is from La La Land Crafts called Time Flies Marci.  I have heat embossed the sentiment from the same set on the black banner at the top.  I've colored Marci with my Copic markers and added some glossy accents to her goggles and the pocket watch she's holding.  I've popped her up with foam tape over the background and I've also tucked some metal gears behind her clock.

For the gears along the side of the card, I've used the La La Land Crafts Steampunk Border die cut out with some gold foil card stock.  Some of the gear's negitive pieces are little hearts, so I used some of the left over hearts to scatter in the background and one of them I've attached to the middle of the bow on her shirt.

The papers come from some retired SU! DSP that I've ripped and sponged the edges with some distress ink for an old weathered look.  I've placed everything on an A2 sized black top folding card base.

Here's a closer look at the details:
Here you can see the shine on the metal gears and gold foil papers.
You can also see the shine from the glossy accents on her pocket watch and goggles.
-----------------------------------------------

Next up is a card I made for Lyn's challenge:
So I made this fun interactive card design using a sweet little Lawn Fawn doxie image!
I had to use this in honor of my beloved pet doxie Mocca who's just turned 12 years old! (see a photo below!)

I have taken the doxie from the Lawn Fawn/SSS Happy Howlidays along with the gift box and bones images to create the main images.  (This was an exclusive stamp set no longer available.)
For the pup's hat, I've used the birthday hat from LF Wild for You stamp set, colored it, fussy cut it out and glued it on her head.  I've popped her up over the grass which was cut out with the LF Grassy Hillside border die and colored with Cracked Pistachio distress oxide ink.  I took the sentiment from the LF Happy Howloween set to stamp a fun birthday type sentiment.

For the background, I've used the LF Watercolor Wishes paper for the sky.
For the birthday present, I have used the LF Perfectly Plaid Rainbow papers and paper pieced the box.  I've also used this on the outside background of my design.  I've used the LF Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out both pieces of my background panels.

For the interactive elements on my card, I've used one of those wobblers behind the present, so it looks like the bones are spilling out.  The bone with the ribbon around it spins around the circle which I've used a slider element for and cut the track using the LF Slide on Over Circle dies.  I've used two layers of foam tape so that the bone had plenty of room to slide easily.

Here's a closer look at the card:
Here you can get a better view of the popped up details and action elements on the card.  Such a fun one to make!  I thought about my sweet little girl the whole time making this!

And here's a photo of my sweet little girl for her special birthday!
I can't believe she is 12 years old!  We have been through so much together my little furry friend!


I also wanted to share that earlier this year, Mocca was diagnosed with a disease called "megaesophagus".  (click on the link for information if you've not heard of this before.)
It took a while and a lengthy trip to the University of Illinois to find out what it was.  For a while I thought she was going to die.
This disease is not easy to deal with, but she is so worth it!
I have to make up her food every day and she has 4 small meals a day that has to be given to her in "meatball" form in an upright position and left this way for at least 15 minutes after each feeding.  This is the reason why she is photographed in this "high-chair".  It is called a Bailey Chair and was recommended by the University to help aid in her condition. I was happy to see that when I purchased my chair that an additional one was made and donated.
Anyway, it is what we deal with now and it has become a regular routine in our house.
Mocca and I have built a special bond through this experience and I'm grateful to have her in my life.  She's always been there for me and now it's my turn to be there for her.  :)
--------------------------------------------------

For my last card share, this was made for Brenda's challenge today:
This little monkey makes me smile!
I have used the LF/EH Love Ya Bunches stamp set for my images that I've colored with Copic markers and cut out with my coordinating dies.  I've used the sentiment in the set and heat embossed it over the LF Grassy Border die that was cut out twice and layered at the bottom of the card.  I sponged the back layer with some dark green ink for shadows.

For the background of my card, I've used this fun technique on SCS called "Cling Wrap Background".  I've used some brushos with shimmer spray for mine. (You can click on the link for the tutoial.  You don't have to be a Fan Club member to see it!)

I've mounted my background onto a piece of A2 sized white top folding card base and finished it off with some sparkling clear sequins and filled the centers of each with some silver Stickles.

Here's a closer view of the details:
At this angle you can better see the shimmer I got in the background with the shimmer spray that I've used!  I know I want to play around with this technique some more! :)

I hope you've enjoyed my post for today!
I will be back again later for more of my SCS "Dare to Get Dirty" creations.
Thanks for stopping in and sharing a smile with me!  Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


29 comments:

Margreet said...

What a 'bunch' of beautiful creations, Vicki...love them all.
So sweet, the photo of Mocca...I can imagine you two have a special bond.
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

Happy Birthday to Mocha! She is a sweetheart! Love all your gorgeous cards! You have been very busy lately!

Linda Simpson said...

These are all fabulous! Happy birthday to Mocha too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Debra K. said...

Amazingly fantastic cards Vicki! You really meant it when you said you hadn't had chance to eat, shower or sleep with the sheer amount of cards you've been making :D.
Love the design of the first card. Colouring the pills in the bottle lighter was a great idea, it really looks like they're inside. The unhappy face on the thermometer made me smile.
Absolutely gorgeous colouring on the second card and another wonderful card design. Love the little heart from the cog on her shirt, so cute :).
Adorable interactive doxie card! Really looks like your girl with her fab colouring and her party hat. I really like the bones tumbling out of the gift box.
Love the background on your last card, definitely one technique to have a try of. The colour combination looks wonderful and perfect for the little monkey in the tree.
Your girl looks so sweet in her hat with her Birthday treats! What a fantastic idea someone had to make the little chairs to help with ME. Battling to get her diagnosed and then doing what is needed to keep them healthy as you have is something I hope with would all do to help our furry family members if we could. Mecca seems quite happy in her chair especially with her treats. Happy Birthday Mocca!!! Debra x

Debra K. said...

* Mocca. Predictive text can be really annoying sometimes! Debra x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, your cards are absolutely darling and so amazing! All the details you add make such a difference, and I always love your interactive cards! I now know and better understand your deep love for doxies! Oh my, what a terrible diagnosis for Mocca! But I am so thankful that you've found a way to help her eat and enjoy her food. What a good mommy you are to her...she's so adorable and such a pretty face! Happy birthday, Mocca! Thanks, sweet Vicki! You are such a joy! Hugs and love! xoxo

Sarah said...

Well, you have been a busy girl again and have made all sorts of lovelies!! The get well card is brilliant, I love the die cut tablets. You have made a wonderful job of colouring March and the attention to detail is stunning. I bet Mocca loved her Birthday card, and she sure looks like she is enjoying her Birthday treats in her special chair. We have a TV series over here featuring Battersea Dog's Home which is a charity that takes in and rehomes dogs and cats. They featured a dog with the same condition as Mocca and shared his journey from being taken to Battersea to finding his own forever home, a truly happy ending. Finally, your last card is so cute and I love the background...who knew cling film could be so beautiful !! xx

Mac Mable said...

Always so inspirational Vicki and such wonderful cards...so creative and always fun, colourful and fabulous x Sending hugs to Mocca x

Babs Watson said...

Thank you my friend for your kind words. Wow your cards are awesome you always give so much inspiration with your gorgeous cards Vicki I love them all.

Hugs Babs x

Fiki said...

love all your projects!
they are gorgeous!
furry friend is so adorable!
happy birthday to her!
hugs

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, all of these cards are gorgeous! I absolutely love the Marci card, your coloring is amazing and I love the map background paper! The pictures of Mocca are adorable! So sorry to read about her condition, it sounds like you are doing everything right to keep her happy and healthy.
Big hugs, Tammy

cm said...

*Waving wildly* Apologies galore for being away from commenting for so long; lots of hectic going on, with the most exciting being our move to a brand spanking new house in a new town (my husband still commutes to work in Canmore). Details down the road; as you can imagine, I'm living in topsy-turvy land! Add to that: travel, bike races (both of which were combined in our recent trip to your lovely country!)...and more to come...creating DT cards and so on! Anyway, here I am, dazzled and delighted by the fabulous array you've shared here! Your card for Mocca is adorable; perfect for your little sweetie! I followed the link you shared and it appears you've dialed in with how to treat her condition with the small meals, the high chair and the 15 minute upright wait time. She's so blessed to have you caring for and loving her...and you're blessed to have her to cuddle and cherish! So glad I visited today...smiles galore!
Hugs~carol

crafty-stamper said...

Happy birthday to Mocca and love the pic of her in her hat --fabulous selection of cards love the dog and bone interactive one and the get well is perfect -great cute steampunk one and fabulous background on the last one
Carol x

Carol L said...

This is such a wonderful array of beautiful cards, and each one is very special! Happy Birthday to Mocca, you're so lucky to have her this long! I lost my dox at just 8, so all the love and attention you give her will always be precious time spent with her while she's here. Hugs to you all!

Donna Ellis said...

Mocca is darling, Vicki, and I am grateful that she has responded well to you lifestyle protocol for her. Each of your cards is wonderfully imaginative. My favorite is the get well card with cute thermometer and sweet bottle of love. Thanks for sharing the details and processes for the cards. I don't even know how you think up combining these elements and techniques. Love your creative imagination! Hugs, de

Heidi Stamps said...

So many lovely cards, but the star here is Mocca! Happy Birthday, pup! Thanks for sharing all your great designs!

Kim said...

Your cards are so pretty! Mocca looks adorable. Happy Birthday Mocca!!!

aussie aNNie said...

I am so far behind in my commenting too Vicki, but wow what an awesome post to see. Lovely all of them but Mocca takes the 'cake', so gorgeous.xxI have birthday candy please enter if you wish to do so...xx
[aNNie]

Donna said...

Woohoo! I was excited to see a post from you Vicki, little did I know I would see so many fabulous cards at once. Your get well card is too cute with the pill bottle and little pills, words can't describe the enjoy the journey, with the gears, map and your coloring, Your dog card is precious with the package and darling scene, that background on your monkey card is stunning but the highlight is your sweet Mocca, Mocca is so lucky to have you as an owner, give her a hug for me dear friend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Vicki,
thanks so much for visiting my blog today, nice to meet you. What a great post you have here, you have been very bus crafting and made oodles of delightful creations. Great to see the pics of your little Sweetie, too, she is sitting in her chair like a queen on her throne, all the best for her. Hugs from Rhineland, Valerie

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Vicki thank you for the lovely comment on my junk journal-I used glue on the fishing flies paper on the actual insidebut sewn the rest of the pages to the spine
Carol x

Lois Wyche said...

These are gorgeous and what a delight to see. Great inspiration from all of them. tfs

CaroleAnn said...

Loved each and everyone of your cards - the Marci/Time card is my fave!!! Great detail in all your cards and you have been busy.

I wish Mocca a very HB and I hope she will be around for many more years giving you joy and receiving joy in return.

We love our pets as they are our family and so heartbreaking when something happens to them. Been there so many times with all the cats and dogs we have own over the 50+ years of marriage.

We now have one cat that I rescued from the streets - Sam - and he is my delight and follows me around like a puppy. Where I go - he goes - craft room, sleeps under my table with me, blogging - sleeps next to me on top of the table! Too funny.

Mocca looks adorable and such soft and velvet fur she has. Big hugs to you - you are a good Mama!!

CHRISTINA HOR said...

Oh such fun cards Vicki and such great inspirations. Remind me that I do have action wobblers I ordered from SSS a few months ago which I haven't even open! LOL. I promised Cheryl (CherylQuilts) that I will try to participate in her DTGD challenge. I'll swing by to see what yours as well :D Happy birthday to your little sweet pup Vicki and may you have a blessed day. Take care.

Lola said...

Wow, such a fabulous set of cards. Each so detailed. I initially thought the chair was for a birthday photo shoot. I do hope your fur baby the best - you seem to be taking excellent care of this disease.

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
your cards are totally adorable!
big hugs - Regina

Chrissy said...

I have so much to catch up on Vicki..sorry, been a rough ride here with my Dad passing but we also had a new baby girl yesterday so very down and up again..
A gorgeous collection of cards and I love little Mocca sitting in her bailey chair..bless her and Happy birthday to her..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pia S said...

Long past with lots of different cards!
1) fun use of old stamps. I do like this style. Great coloring of the pills, that inside vs outside technique worked well.
2) fantastic coloring, super steampunk feel!
3) fun birthday card for a dog. Love that you made that piece possible to turn, fun detail, fun design!
4) oh, must check out that tutorial, love the effect of that background

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...