"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, December 8, 2014

Twice as Old as Ol' Saint Nick!

Hello friends!  Happy Monday!
So are you in a panic yet over your Christmas cards?  I'm just going to keep making them all month long as I go because I never seem to have enough on hand or forget about sending one out to someone here or there! LOL!

So today I have a simple Santa to share with you.  I thought since I was making Christmas cards, I would just go ahead and use the whole sheet of card stock and make two out of it!
There's just something about this Santa image that I really like.  It's from an older (probably retired) Stampin' Up! stamp set that I have in my stash called "Jolly Old Saint Nick".  He sort of reminds me of those Vintage Santa's that you see.  So of course, I'm hanging on to HOARDING this old stamp set!  It's always fun to rummage through my old stash of stamps and pull something out that I haven't used for a while.  It also brings back memories of when I colored this image in with NO Copic markers!  Yeah, that was my old days of water-coloring in all of my images!  He just seems to come back to life for me right now!  Just added a bit of sparkle to his hat and a dot of white gel pen to his rosy cheeks.  I then layered this panel onto gold metallic card stock, then black and then attached that to the red card base.  Easy peasy and FUN!

Here's a closer view of one of the cards:
I wanted to keep this simple and so I was going back and forth with weather I should be adding anything else to it.  Nope, I'm done and they both go into my "card pile" now.

I do hope you like my card today and I'll be back again soon with another Christmas card!:)
Thanks for stopping by!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here's some challenges I'd like to enter:

CASology - Old (feeling old doesn't count! LOL!)

Crafting by Designs - ATG with Twist:  All Things Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - Christmas/Holidays


39 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Santa winking is so super adorable
Cheers
Dr Sonia
My latest post: How I repaired my Big Shot

Margreet said...

Love your naughty looking Santa!
xxx Margreet

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational coloring on this fabulous vintage Santa, Vicki! What fun holiday cards!

Bad Kitty said...

adorable card

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Just LOVE that cheeky Santa Vicki! Great colouring too! Hazel x

jimlynn said...

I love your Santa cards! Clean and simple and perfect!!! I love that stamp too - yet don't have it. He looks just like the ones from when I was a child (not telling my age around here though! LOL!)
Lynn

Chrissy said...

He is a wonderful Santa Vicki..very jolly, and fabulous colouring and card design too..

luv CHRISSYxx

Jessi Fogan said...

Such terrific colouring! Look at those rosy cheeks :)

Rhonda Miller said...

These cards are great. I love that Santa and think I might have that stamp set. I'm going to have to go dig it out now.

Tammy said...

Delightful CAS cards and such fabulous coloring! Love how you treated the beard!

Donna K said...

Oh my gosh what a wonderful St. Nick! I love this jolly ole guy with his rosy cheeks and adorable wink! So cute, Vicki! As for the Christmas cards...I cheated and bought some but yes. I mailed out 52 cards today, some I created, some.. I did NOT. Hope you have a great week! ~Donna K

julieprice3 said...

Love the Santa ,very effective, nice work making 2, I think at this stage I might need to start doning that, time is flying away, Have a good week Hugs julie P

Barb Ghig said...

You were smart to hold onto this old stamp set...he's a really cute Santa! Beautiful CAS design and coloring!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

mayholicraft said...

Love your Christmas cards, Vicki! Watercoloring looks great, too. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at CASology. May

Tammy said...

Oh that Santa image is adorable Vicki! Fabulous coloring and I love all of the sparkle! Perfect CAS Christmas cards!
Big hugs, Tammy

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki, super cute Santa's
hugs
Mandy xx

Deepti said...

This is so adorable, fab coloring. The cheeks of Santa look fab :)

NanaConnie said...

I adore this darling Santa, Vicki! Your coloring is superb and I love the sparkle on his hat. If I'm one of the folks you forgot to send a card, you can send me one of these gorgeously CAS lovelies! :-D

Patricia St Martin said...

Amazing and that is what I'm doing with my Christmas cards also. If I do not use them this year I will use them next. Love Santa and the sparkles. I like how you did the edges that help Santa stand out. nicely done.
Hugs, Pat

Donna said...

Such a cute santa, and colored and displayed so wonderfully!

Carol L said...

That's such a cute and jolly looking Santa image, and I love the glitter too!

Sue said...

He does have a vintage feel to him, I love him.Simple and fun.

Hugs
Sue

Pat (mspfd) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat (mspfd) said...

Yes, I'm in a panic..Have about a third of my cards done! So, can I pretty please order about 50 of your Santa cards?

Seriously Vicki, you card is the bomb! Fabulous coloring of the Santa, and love the added sparkle as welll as your crisp, clean, mailable design. Doesn't get better than that!

I am so jealous!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, double trouble lol....love this heaps. I had to change my comments back to embedded from drop box and works.xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}



Kylie said...

aww, isn't he so adorable! Gorgeous, Vicki! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Virginia Lu said...

Well done,Vicki!! I love the clean and crisp design and you use of gold trims!! The Santa image is perfect for your designs! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas/Holidays” Challenge!

debby4000 said...

Love your Santa cards.
luv
Debby

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant cards I love this stamp he's certainly a jolly Santa Love and hugs Carole x

Lisa S. said...

LOVE your Christmas cards and that's an excellent way to mass produce holiday cards. :)

Becca Cruger said...

I just LOVE this design!! Everything about the parallel lines just makes it so stately looking. And that winking little Santa adds just the perfect hint of mischief.

crafty-stamper said...

fabulous CAS card love the vintage Santa image
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant Santa image Vicki he is looking super cute and very jolly, love the sparkle and the wonderful design, excellent makes.
hugs
lorraine x

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful coloring and I love the sparkle in his fur trim!

CaroleAnn said...

Oh, I am liking this one - brings back many childhood memories of what Santa looked like everywhere I looked!! You made it perfect - needed not another thing - picture perfect - love the gold card stock you used too! Great coloring! Hugs,

ribenaruby said...

Vicki, I love your card the way it is, simple and yet so effective! Ruby x

Céline said...

fab cards, santa is ready ?
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

Did I forget to write here ooooh ooh I was so busy my dear cause my DH is out of my country to do business trip all I must do alone..okay now about your card..its PERFECT ADORABLE AWESOME and stricking colored wooohoooo I love that gold strip too..
You made a perfect santa card...
Love this Vicki..hugs, Monika

Donna said...

Fantastic elegant design Vicki, love the gold edge and the Santa image is brilliant...love him! Donna ♥ x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...