"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, December 14, 2014

So Silver!

Hello friends!
Here I am again today to share yet some more cards with you!
I wanted to be sure to make up these cards before a couple of challenges ended and I missed them!
I must have had silver and blue on my mind when I made these!
Check it out...
I really wanted to pull out my Simon Says Kits and get them out to have a play with them!  I have a couple of the last month's kit sitting there that are wanting me to pull them out for a play!
So this card is a simple one, but boy do I love that silver embossing! :)

This isn't necessarily a Christmas card...or even a New Year's card, but I thought it would make for a nice neutral birthday card, which I needed some to send out...so this is what I did!
The card base is silver card stock and I embossed the sentiments with silver embossing powder.  I found some silver thread from my cross-stitch days and made a "nest" to tuck behind the embossed sentiment and just added some silver sequins to it.  The blue panel was die cut with my LF stitched rectangle.

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter the above card for:
CAS-ology - silver

Clear It Out - Theme:  Blue colors / Stash: ribbon/twine (I hope my silver thread counts!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I have also made a second card so I don't miss out on a challenge:
For this card, the deer circle panel was cut from my Cricut Explore machine.  I added some silver dots on his collar with my silver metallic gel pen.  I die cut a stitched circle with silver card stock and also the "Believe" word die was cut with the same card stock.

I then die cut a banner with chocolate card stock to place behind the circle deer panel.  I had an old pine leaf punch and punched some out with white card stock to add behind the silver circle.
I used the same silver lustre patterned paper that I used for the deer panel and die cut another piece out with my Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die cut and then took the Lawn Fawn Let it Snow stamp set and embossed the tree with silver embossing powder for the background.

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
House of Cards - inspirational photo and blog hop:

Crafts 4 Eternity - Christmas

Thanks so much for stopping in today and all of the days that I have been posting so much!
Now I need to get a good start on my cookie baking! :)

P.S.  If the word verification box is showing when you leave a comment, just ignore it and hit publish.  Your comment will post anyway.  Thanks!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


34 comments:

NanaConnie said...

WOW, what a great take on the colors, my friend, and I love the deer! Beautiful design. :-D

Lynn's Place said...

CIO challenge blog would like to say thanks for joining us this week. And hope you stop by to play again...your project is awesome...tfs <((><

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are both so beautiful

Sue said...

These are stunning Vicki. Your designs are so stylish and elegant and I LOVE the colours.
hugs Sue xx

Monika Reeck said...

So silver
all the paper the sentiment the rope the sequin...lovely Silver card Vicki my friend hope I can see you there as the winner..I pass this time..no time again to make Silver card..no idea (was all idea steal to the marathon at Bugaboo and if you see the winner list there I am not feel sad I feel soooo happy :) cause 7 days making cards in marathon was not so easy and my hubby was outside the Country..with two little boys you know how difficult is it to think LOL...(they need Mami always)

I love your interpretation from our photo inspiration at HOC
love that tiny dots on the deer and lovely pine leaf punch (I WANT IT!!) and great using the color combo...adorable deer card my friend..love your idea...

hugs, Monika

PS: thanks for joining at HOC this month my friend..

Amelia said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki, I love that silver embossing too! You're so talented.
Amelia xx

Rhonda Miller said...

I love both of these. That deer is so fun.

coldwaters2 said...

Two very lovely cards Vicki loving the CAS style if the top one and that reindeer one is absolutely gorgeous super, super makes.
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Love the beautiful color combo and the silver string being the sentiment of the first card looks terrific! You second card is just sensation and wonderful die cuts!

jimlynn said...

Hi Ho Silver!!!! BOTH are wonderful Vicki! Love the CAS design on that first one. So beautiful. The second is precious with that cute, cute deer! Two great ones!
Lynn

Pat (mspfd) said...

I am loving both of these design. Beautiful color choices and a fabulous take on CAS as well as the inspiration photo. As always, wonderful work Vicki!

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card

Becca Cruger said...

OoooO! Both of these cards are super cool in their own ways. I admire your ability to create gorgeous CAS cards.

Judy V said...

Beautiful cards! Love your take on the photo inspiration! Thanks for joining in at House of Cards!

Samantha A. said...

Great CAS card! Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out!

Samantha
-Clear it Out DT
Designs by Sammy

Patricia St Martin said...

Both cards are so wonderful. Silver and the soft blue always looks so nice together. I love the deer, you layout is really nice, I like how the banner is in the center and how the tree stand in the background. Have a super week.
Pat :^)

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant cards today just love the colour combo its stunning and that reindeer card is amazing love and hugs Carole x

Mynn xx said...

Both cards are fabulous! I LOVE the CAS feel of the first one and the fun use of negative space on the second! These are beautiful! Thanks for hopping with us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Asha said...

The first card is simply elegant and the second is just straight up gorgeous! These are fabulous makes and very festive too.
hugs, Asha

Céline said...

really stunning cards
hugs
céline

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Vicki
Both cards are fab but I do love the reindeer.
Thanks for joining in at House of Cards.
Best wishes.
Ang.

Meghan said...

Gorgeous! Simple and silvery! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Merethe Arstein said...

I love your card and the design and color and the dies.
Thank you for participating in our December Blog Hop challenge at House of Cards.

Ma :)
House of Cards DT

Tammy said...

Oh these are beautiful Vicki!! I love the CAS style on your first card and your beautiful design on the second! Also, a big thanks for joining over at HOC!!
Hugs, Tammy

mayholicraft said...

Love the simplicity on your first card! Great birthday card!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at CASology. May

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Clear it Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun! Love the simplicity and how unexpectedly whimsical it is! Hugz

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful CAS cards love the silver thread on the first and love the banner and frame behind the reindeer-love them both
carol x

Deepti said...

These are fabulous! I love the use of silver, so simple and so perfect

ann van dijk said...

Hello,
Beautiful card! Perfect!!!Thanks for joining our challenge.
Anneke xxxxx

Regina said...

Vicki, your card is striking in its simplicity!
I’m so sorry I haven't been able to visit your blog for few days. Now here are so many new projects, these are all terrific!!
big hugs
Regina

sue t. said...

Sooo cute! Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards!

michele said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Love colours . Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffe & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT
Merry Christmas :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...