"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Snowflakes

Hello friends!
Are you ready for Christmas?!  I am pretty much there.  A few last minute things to take care of and I'll be as ready as I'm going to be for it! :)
I really didn't think I was going to post another post until after Christmas, but I found a few precious minutes in my craft room while I was baking and thought I would join in a few challenges that I really like to play along in.

Here's my card:
I absolutely LOVE snowflakes and I don't think I made very many Christmas cards this year with the theme being snowflakes.  This isn't really a "Christmas" themed card as I'm pretty much done with it, but I have to say it doesn't hurt to make them for next year already!! :)

I have used the Whimsy Stamps Winter's Jewel 1 die cut and glued on top of a stitched circle die and then placed a star rhinestone in the center of it.  I have also used the sentiment at the bottom corner from the Whimsy Stamps Winter Letter Seals stamp set.  The smaller scattered snowflakes came from the Clearly Whimsy Stamp set called Christmas Greetings.

I've used different shades of blue colors and some glittered paper for the strips.
It's a very simple design, but I really like how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping in today!  Hope you have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:


Simon Says Stamp - Winter Inspiration:
(I chose the second photo across for inspiration:)


30 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Vicki..I love snowflakes too.I love your card design and the sparkle..so pretty.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year 2015..

luv CHRISSYxx

Judy1223 said...

Vicki, I love the sparkly silver and the rich blues you combined on your pretty snowflake card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Margreet said...

Beautiful snowflake card Vicki...me too love snowflakes and make not enough cards with it...
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
xxx Margreet

Donna K said...

What a lovely sentiment! I'm a snowflake fan as well and this is just fabulous.

coldwaters2 said...

So beautiful so classy looking card Vicki, the snowflakes and the silver ribbon look awesome. Enjoy Christmas
hugs
lorraine x

Julia Aston said...

So pretty with the glittery silver strips and that lovely die cut snowflake! Merry Christmas!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Hi Vicki, amazing card, as always.
Just popping by to say thanks for all your visits and comments this year. Hope you have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Caroline xxx

Bad Kitty said...

very nice

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such an elegant design and I love the pretty shades of blue.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Lovely card and such great colors! The snowflake is gorgeous!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card you make them sooo beautifully,love the snowflakes and silver-and after having to buy some cards this year have made a resolution to make some Christmas cards all year-wonder how long that will last lol
Best wishes for a Merry christmas and a happy new Year to you and your family
Carol x

Teresa Kline said...

hi Vicki! this is stunning, I adore the glittery strips...sweeeet! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! Merry Christmas

sparkle & shine *~*

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful, clean and classy! Merry Christimas!!

Becca Cruger said...

Blue and silver is one color combination that you just can't go wrong with! And that sentiment is just adorable!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love that layout, so modern....I am not still ready, always something to do!!!
happy holidays
bibiana

Patti J said...

Love it! Beautiful colors. And the layout is so much fun! Thanks for sharing :-)

aussie aNNie said...

Merry Christmas to you and hubby Vicki.. Lovely looking card here and beautiful design.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Céline said...

fab design and colors
wish you a verry merry christmas
hugs
céline

Lola said...

Gorgeous color combo on this and what a lovely flake (I'm referring to the card of course!).

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oohhhing and ahhing all the way! This card is gorgeous! I especially love the bling in the middle! wow!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful "snowflake" card. Great job with all the challenges!

Donna said...

Beautiful and elegant design Vicki, the colours are so cool and fresh and I love the glitter stripes! Hope you had a fantastic Christmas and best wishes for a happy crafty new year! :) Donna ♥ x

Monika Reeck said...

I just visiting you again my friend was busy ...read my last post..hehe...

STUNNING Snowflakes and love how you did with that sketch...love that silver paper..soo elegant beautiful and Adorable use all blue there on your card...I was sooo happy at the first time 2001 looked at snow falling down...I have never seen it in my life cause in indonesia we only have summer or rainy saison...

I am not feel warm in winter sometimes feel sooo cold but I thank God I can see real snow...hehe...

Wishing you have had a great christmas and I wish you happy holiday...hugs, Monika

Lisa S. said...

Love your take on the challenge. This is a beautiful card Vicki!

Jessi Fogan said...

So much that I love about this card! The star rhinestone, that sentiment, the layout, the super silver glitter....I love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful.

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the color combo and all of the sparkle!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Dr Sonia S V said...

How elegant it looks and love the touch of glitter
Wish you and family a Happy and Fantastic New Year 2015
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

nwilliams6 said...

Love the glitz and glamor on this and the sketch is wonderful. Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...