"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Pretty Pink Snowflakes

Hello friends and happy Monday to ya!
Did you enjoy your weekend?  I feel like I got LOTS done...but of course there's always lots more left to do before I feel comfortable with Christmas coming! :)

So I had a play with some pretty snowflakes, this is what I did:
Wow...the colors look really BRIGHT in the photo, but it's not quite this bright in person...it's a bit softer on the eyes.  There are some things going on here that I'll tell you about!
So I took my TAWS Holiday Sparkles set and embossed some white snowflakes on a piece of glossy card stock.  (This stuff is really slick similar to photo paper, but thicker.)
After embossing the white snowflakes, I took my distress inks and sponged together some pink colors.  The embossing "resists" the snowflakes and doesn't absorb the color into the embossed images.  After I got the colors the way I wanted, I embossed some more snowflakes with some "enchanted gold" sparkle embossing powder.  I then took the same color of distress inks that I used to sponged the background and stamped some more various snowflakes to give it all some depth.

*Now, you must "seal" the ink onto the glossy card stock or it will rub off!  So I took some clear embossing powder over the distress inks to "set" the images onto the glossy card stock.*

I embossed my sentiment with gold embossing powder onto the matching pink card stock and made a banner to place towards the bottom of my card.  I attached a bow with my gold cord next to the sentiment on the banner and then I used some gold enamel dots to place in the center of some of the snowflakes.

I love how this turned out!  It's so sparkly and shinny!  I really need to do a video of this technique so you can see how awesome and easy it is!  So let me know if you're interested in seeing that!
Thanks so much for dropping in with me today!  I really appreciate your visits! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this for:
BE Inspired - photo inspiration 
(I took inspiration from the snowflakes and pink colors!)

City Crafter - Glittering Snowflakes
Little Red Wagon - So Flaky! (snowflakes)

Just Us Girls - Mixed Media
(I used heat embossing, distress inks-blending, glossy card stock)

Open-Minded Crafting Fun - Unusual Christmas (pink colors/feminine)
Come & Get It - Merry Christmas

40 comments:

Olga said...

pretty, pretty, love the different colors!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a striking beauty! I love this fabulously festive holiday design, Vicki!

Charlene said...

SO pretty!! Love the embossing and colors! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB :-)

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful

Donna said...

Stunning car Vicki and so pretty in pink, the snowflakes are beautifully embossed and the sparkle is perfect! :) Donna ♥ x

Chrissy said...

So very pretty Vicki..love the pink and embossed snowflakes..really beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Amelia said...

Oh I love this Vicki! Those snowflakes are fab and I love the glitter (I always love glitter on cards)
Thank you for the inspiration.
Amelia xx

Margreet said...

Very pretty this pink snowflake card!
xxx Margreet

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Amazing, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty Christmas card!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE the light pops of yellow/gold! such a pretty and funky card!

Asha said...

OhEmGee - this is super duper sparkly and wow... jaw-droppingly amazing!!! Awesome embossing and stamping and blending.... simply stunning, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Stella said...

Fab use of colors and embossing technique. The snowflakes are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Céline said...

fab card love the embossed snowflakes and colors
hugs
céline

Wishcraft said...

Love your embossed snowflakes, just so pretty Vicki :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sue said...

This is stunning Vicki. A wonderful design using such pretty colours, a gorgeous array of snowflakes and beautiful sparkle.
Hugs Sue xx

jimlynn said...

Sensational once again! Love the emboss resist and all those snowflakes make such a gorgeous card. Love it.
Lynn

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I love the colors and your touches of gold are beautiful!!
Hugs, Tammy

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki this is so very beautiful those snowflakes look stunning.
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Vicki! Love the pink!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love this wonderful creation, Vicki. Great color choices and stamping.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so pretty. I love the pink and gold colors.

NanaConnie said...

I love the pink snowflakes, Vicki. How wonderfully creative! Very different for Christmas or even just a winter card but superb. :-D

Toni said...

ooh, i love the pinks! very holiday and yet unexpected. nice!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorably cute creation lovely snowflakes and your colours are beautiful.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB this week!

nwilliams6 said...

I totally love, love, love the colors and design on this. Wonderful card and the sentiment is perfect for it! Hugz

Ina said...

Awesome card.Love the different colours and textures. Just fabulous Vicki. So glad you shared it with us for this weeks challenge at Just us Girls.

crafty-stamper said...

love the pink background and embossed snowflakes
Carol x

JanR said...

Pretty! The embossing looks fabulous and that sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Beautiful, love the embossing and the sponging really looks wonderful.
Pay :^)

Deepti said...

Oh my so pretty! Love the pink!

Regina said...

wonderful pink snowflakes! I love that card!

hugs Regina

Nancy said...

So pretty Vicki! I love pink and snowflakes and love that you combined the two. I am glad you played along with us at Just Us Girls this week! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Jacqui Robinson said...

Wow great card and love the colours. Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

Tracy said...

Gorgeous! Love all of the shades of pink! Thanks for joining the BIC!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOw- I love pink and you have nailed the pink snowflake card!!! LOVE this card!

Lola said...

Oh my goodness, this is adorable! Love all the pink. I don't think I did a single pink Christmas card - so inspirational.

maureenjscott said...

Stunning! Love the fabby colours! Thanks for joining our Unusual Christmas Challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, Mo xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...