"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Let It Snow All White

Hello friends!  Can you believe it's Wednesday already?!
I know this month is going fly by with Christmas shortly ahead of us.  I hope to get my card making and blogging a bit ahead of schedule so that I can devote some time for the Holiday "dashing"!

So today I have a card that I made which I don't normally make, but I absolutely LOVE the monochromatic results of the way it looks every time I see someone make one.
So here's my result this Holiday Season with the "white on white" monochromatic theme:
Not sure if you recognize the images are not, but it's the very first Lawn Fawn stamp set I've owned and I really love it!  It's called, of course, Let it Snow.  I think I could pull this one out over and over and come up with different ways to use it every time. (I'm hoping they'll soon come out with a coordinating die set for it!  So maybe if they're listening?....)
On the Lawnscaping Challenge, they're hosting a "White on White" theme and this was probably the first stamp set that came to my mind.  You will also notice that I've incorporated a "dots" theme which is also part of my thought process in making this card.  I wanted to play along with the Addicted to CAS challenge where the theme for that is "dots".

To get a better angle shot, I've laid the card down so you can see some more details:
I have used a white card base and left a portion at the bottom cut off.  This is where you see that I rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper and I've also added the stitching detail to the bottom edge.  I've used some white embossing powder and embossed the sentiment at the bottom so that when you open the card, you can still see the sentiment.
You can also see that I've dry embossed some "dots" on the background front base of the card.

Here's a closer view of the main panel:
It's a tad blurry on the left side, I think the sparkle was too much for my camera! LOL!  I have taken the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die and cut out the main panel where I embossed the trees and snow filled sky with white embossing powder.  I then mounted that onto a white glittered card stock panel.  I finished off  with accents of the Lawn Fawn Silver Sparkle Single Cord Lawn Trimmings.  I've also added some both silver and gold sequins to the white embossed trees and then placed a small "dot" of white liquid pearls in the center of each one.

I really like the way this one turned out!  Another Christmas card for my "pile"! YAY!
Thanks so much for stopping in with me today!  I hope you've enjoyed my creation and I'll be seeing you right back here again on Friday!!  Enjoy your day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here's the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Lawnscaping Challenge:




Simply Create Too - Snow! Snow! Snow!

Creative Corner - Winter Wonderland


52 comments:

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous and i saved it to case.

hope your thanksgiving was spectacular! mine sure was.

hugs :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful. I have that stamp set and didn't recognise the trees, lol. love your white on white and the fabulous design.

jimlynn said...

Vicky, this is so pretty! I love all the dots and that wonderful, wonderful shine! The sequins on the trees are so pretty too. Love it.
Lynn

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Vicky. Love the sparkle and love the dots.
Yes, they are still working on my room, hopefully they will be done this week. :) I stamped that house mouse stamp, set it aside, and now I have miss placed it because I had to pull everything out of the room :(.. :) I can always re-stamp if I can not find it.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a beautiful and elegant design. I love the delicate colour and fabulous embossing.
Sue xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this beautiful white on white card! Love the sparkle you added too- and the sequins. I am so tempted by those cute stamps, but have not caved in yet!

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous white-on-white holiday design, Vicki!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki!! I love the monochromatic colors and all of the sparkle, just beautiful my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki with the lovely sparkle and snow and I love the trees decorations and embossed background..fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a gorgeous, sparkly card Vicki, I LOVE it! Hazel x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Forgot to say . . . good luck with the DT call Vicki! Hazel x

Patti said...

Vicki! this is so so beautiful!! I am partial to white on white monochromatic schemes so this one has got me swooooning!! : )

Patti

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous card

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty CAS design, and still very elegant! Nicely done!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous CAS card Vicki...it is so elegant! I pinned it on my Pinterest board.
xxx Margreet

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful results! Love the serenity!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card and I never would have guessed that you had used Lawn Fawn products. It's so elegant.

Pollard Carole said...

Gorgeous a beautiful card I love the CAS design its so pretty love and hugs Carole x

Monika Reeck said...

I have seen your DOTS card LOL..cause I just put my DOTS card too and I adore the soft colors on your card Vicki..that tree is so sweet and nice paper behind main image.. simply colored and adorable look..hugs, Monika

Anneke said...

wow, you have been very busy Vicky, and what a beautiful serie of Christmas cards.
very elegant designs and color combinations, and i have been looking at the products from Lawn Fawn products.
thanks for sharing these beautiful cards with us and hugs from Anneke

Loll Thompson said...

So pretty Vicki!! Love the sparkle and shimmer from your glitter layer and the sequins on the trees. Fabulous white-on-white design! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful simplicity with gorgeous shimmer and sparkle.

Kylie said...

very elegant, Vicki! LOVE the embossing!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS and good luck with the DT call xx

Patricia St Martin said...

So elegant Vicki! Just beautifully done. love the creams and the and how the inside sentiment shows and it shimmers so prefect.
Hugs, Pat

aussie aNNie said...

WOW Vicki. This is a gorgeous card, love that stamp/image. Gorgeous colours too.
aNNie xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Davi said...

Vicki I love your tone on tone abd the shimmery frame, REALLY beautiful :)

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely stunning! You have such a good eye for design and detail! ❤️

Regina said...

Your card is totally adorable!
sending big hugs Regina

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card, love it, thank you so much for sharing with Simply Create Too.

Warm hugs
Maarit

walchowDesign said...

You've executed the white on white beautifully - such an elegant card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is soooo pretty! love the white on white with the trees and the touch of sparkle behind it is perfect!

Dana said...

Fabulous card!! Love the tree's! Also lots of texture!! Love!!

Becca Cruger said...

Gorgeous! I love the glitzy paper you've lined it with!

Diane MoneyGoolsby said...

Vicki: Your white snow card is so wonderful! We're thrilled you entered our Challenge "Snow! Snow! Snow!"

This is our last challenge for 2014: The Design Team will take a break most of December to enjoy their families around the holidays. We'll all be back on 2 January for our first 2015 challenge to spark your creativity. We hope to see your entries in all our 2015 challenges!

Happy Holidays to you & your family!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Yukari Y. said...

Such a pretty card! I love the glitter paper and all of your beautiful embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the soft monochromatic color scheme and the sparkle!

nwilliams6 said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love the shimmer and the monochromatic look. So elegant and beautiful! Well done and how great you used an old stamp. I have been digging mine out more since you started using yours more - got an old dot set out and loved the result. Thanks for the inspiration my friend! Hugz

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous! I'm nearly speechless it's so beautiful.

Nancy K said...

Wow, this is one gorgeous design! I just love all the wonderful glittery goodness; you really made this LF set shine!

Céline said...

fabulous, love the glittery paper
hugs
céline

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Vicki this is one very classy, expensive looking card the sparkle looks fantastic, a truly wonderful creation.
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card very elegant and love the bling
carol x

Deepti said...

This is beautiful :) I love the soft colors !

Chasing the Dream said...

So elegant and sparkle/glitter on this CAS beauty. Simply a gorgeous card.

Samantha Casey said...

Beautiful card, I love the winter scene you created! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Darnell J Knauss said...

I saw this in the gallery at ATCAS, Vicki, and I had to come for a closer look! It is magnificent!! Hugs, Darnell

SonjaK said...

Great CAS card! Love the glitter frame and the subtle coloring and embossing. Very elegant.

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Loving the sparkle and the gold and white.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

{Chrissie} said...

This is so pretty! The white on white is really just stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Lawnscaping Challenges!

julieprice3 said...

Simple and sweet but so very effective, Just beautiful
Hugs Julie P

Yainea said...

So pretty and elegant! I love the sentiment stamped on the inside and all those little amazing details here and there
Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges!

Michelle Lupton said...

Your panel of glitter paper sets off your CAS design perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...