"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Flashback Friday - Going Digital

Hello friends!  We are at the end of another week already! WOW!
Are you getting your Christmas plans/to-do list finished up?  I think no matter how much I try and prepare ahead of time, I always have something else left to do!  LOL!

So today's "Flashback Friday" is about digital!
Although I remember when digital images started becoming more popular, it still has been several years ago!  I have also gone through some MAJOR computer issues during that time and have went through several computers as well!  (As I'm sure many of us have!)  So some of the digital stamps I used to have may have gotten lost in computer space somewhere, I have been able to keep some of them on my computer and I do enjoy printing them out sometimes and doing some coloring.

Today's card is a VERY special card and the reason behind it has really touched my heart especially during this busy Holiday time.
If you haven't heard about this special little girl, here is the link to the story CLICK HERE
and I would like to encourage you to join along in sending her a Christmas card. It sort of puts into perspective about what Christmas is all about.

So here is my Christmas shaker card for little Addie:
I have used this darling Little Christmas Angel digital stamp designed by Crissy Armstrong from Whimsy Stamps.  If you belong to the Whismy Stamps Facebook Group, they had given this image for free to help those create a card to send to Addie.  But I have had this sweet image already sitting in a folder on my computer and I've had it since the last time I was on their design team which was a few years back now...I'm thinking 2010ish?  So....don't forget those cute and fun digital stamps lurking around in your computer waiting to be printed out once again! :)

I have also used the Clearly Whimsy stamp set called Christmas Greetings for the background.

P.S.  Also, in case you didn't know, Whimsy Stamps will no longer be carrying any digital stamps to sell due to some sort of tax law changes regarding digital stamps.  So starting in the New Year, they will be gone!  Right now they are having a major good sell on them though.  So if you are a digital stamp lover, now is a great time to stock up on your favorites from their store!

Here is another angle of my shaker card:
I have it laying down so you can see all of the shaker stuff inside.  I've used various sequins and beads from my stash.  I have tied a bow with some red metallic ribbon and made some curls to drape along the edges of my card.  I also took some linen thread and made a bow with the silver bells to add on top of that as well.  (The layers were all die cut using my Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangle dies.)  And then of course I used a double layer of double sided foam mounting tape to keep the shaker elements inside.

Here's a brief video of me shaking the card! LOL


 So since Addie is collecting Christmas cards, I thought this would be a fun one for her to shake around to see all of the sequins, snowflakes and beads bobbling around in there. :)  I do hope that she gets a TON of Christmas cards to enjoy!

If you have any digital stamps that have been sitting around in your computer too, then print one out and join along with me this Flashback Friday!
I thank you so much for stopping in today and I hope you enjoy your weekend!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter:
Whimsy Stamps - anything goes
Come & Get It - Merry Christmas
The Crazy Challenge - Christmas
Shopping Our Stash - Favorite Technique (shaker card) stash: sequins/beads
The Crafter's Cafe - Christmas/Holiday Season
Fab 'n' Funky - Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - Bells and Bows
Aud Sentiments - Holiday Bingo (I used:  ribbon, bling and trinkets (bells)

Creative Knockouts - 'Tis the Season
Sweet Stamps - sparkle
Daring Cardmakers - Shake it Off! (shaker cards)

27 comments:

Bunny said...

Very cute. Nice colors. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

lauren bergold said...

i *LOVE* this super-fun shaker card design--easy to see why you it's your favorite technique! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

N Zver said...

She's so pretty and chic ! Fabulous coloring. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

sandie said...

This is adorable, you gotta love a shaker card, have a fun weekend x

Margreet said...

Love this gorgeous shaker card with the fab coloring of that adorable digi!
xxx Margreet

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Ohhh I just love shakers and she is so sweet! Beautiful work!

Sue said...

Such a beautiful and very special card Vicki. I love the sweet image, stunning colouring and wonderful shaker design.
hugs Sue xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a beautiful card! I love this sweet angel and your coloring is so beautiful- and love the shaker- and LOVE the bow : ) Thanks for the link as well- will get a Christmas card out to her!.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki saw this on Facebook but just had to come and have a closer look and it was worth it it is absolutely beautiful, the image is divine and being a shaker card makes it that much special.
hugs
lorraine x

~ginny said...

Delighted you chose to share your project & creativity with us at Aud Sentiments Vicki! My hubby just popped into the room and said: "Ooooh, that is a great card!" Knows one when he sees one! LOL! I like your coloring, that great ribbon and the wonderful shaker material. Nicely done!
~ginny,
DT for Aud Sentiments: [#121 – Holiday Bingo]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

jimlynn said...

Vicki, this is a special card for so many reasons! First of all, it's beautiful and love the shaker! Checked out the video and yes, it shakes wonderful!
Little Addie will LOVE this card!!!! A beautiful image and sentiment for a beautiful little girl.
Lynn

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a beautiful shaker card! Love it. Love this image of Chrissie's too. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Christmas' challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. So beautiful. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Tammy said...

Precious image and beautifully colored! Love that its a shaker card!
I fixed my verification problem by checking embed comments, I think its even easier for those who wish to leave a comment.

Barb said...

Beautiful creation for a wonderful cause, really liking your colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at the Come And Get It challenge. Barb

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous shaker card funny I only printed this image up today...sorry if I have missed some of your gorgeousness but still sitting with dad days one end...no time to scratch myself sometimes.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous shaker card

Tammy said...

WOW gorgeous shaker card Vicki!! I love that sweet image and the beautiful ribbon! Fabulous shaker design my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Vicki. This is a gorgeous shaker design. Just adore the window covering the whole card.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and image and for a good cause-love all the shaker stuff
Carol x

Donna K said...

What a delightful shaker card. I love that darling image with her sparkly wings and that pretty little red bird. Absolutely darling. How can you not believe in the magic of Christmas with stories like that of little Addie! So happy you shared your creation with us at Sweet Stamps, Vicki! Hope you have a beautiful Sunday! ~Donna K

Cvetelina Borisova said...

Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Beautiful card, the elements you've used are lovely. Thanks for joining in with my shaker dare this week at the Daring Cardmakers. Sharon x

Chana said...

Great card and wonderful technique! Thanks for accepting the challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Please change your comment form setting from pop up to embedded. This will eliminate the annoying verification box.

Asha said...

Aaaw This is adorable, Vicki! I'd be shaking it to glory too. Looks like so much fun. LOVE this project.
hugs, Asha

Mynn xx said...

This is SO pretty! I LOVE that the entire card front is a shaker!!! How fun! HUGS and happy holidays! :) Mynn xx

Beth said...

adorable image and love that you did a shaker with this one Vicki way behind so just let me say I love all of your cards been flipping through them.
Hugs
Beth

Deepti said...

Such a pretty shaker :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...