"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Hearts

Hello friends!  Hope you are having a great week so far!
Just wanted to share a quick post with you today and another card to add to my pile!

For some reason my camera is acting funny, so I shot this card at different angles until I was able to get a good one! LOL!
Anyway, I have used the really cool Scandi Christmas from Whimsy Stamps.  I used the challenge photo below for inspiration on my card.
I think I was inspired by the knitted look of the Christmas lights in the photo along with the colors, so when I saw this stamp set, it reminded me of that knitted pattern look.  I took the ink colors:  (all Stampin' Up!)  Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Strawberry Slush & Wild Wasabi to stamp out my hearts along the side of my design.  I stamped them all on one white piece of card stock and then used my Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle dies to make the layers on it.  I stamped the sentiment in black and then added a couple of red gems between the words.

Hope you've enjoyed my simple card today and I'll see you again on Friday for another "Flashback Friday" post!!  Thanks for stopping in!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter:
ShowCASe Your Style - photo


Just Add Ink - color combo:   missed it! :(


CAS(E) This Sketch:

Sister Act - Christmas Time

Love to Create - Non-traditional Holiday Colors

33 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki my friend. Lovely card...can't believe that is a stamp...love the stitched look! Ruby x

Becca Cruger said...

Oooo!those little sweater hearts, as I have dubbed them in my brain, are so sweet! It's a warm and merry card all around.

Emily Lauritzen said...

Totally adorable!! I love the black layer. It really helps make those knitted hearts stand out!
<3 Emily L.

jimlynn said...

Those little hearts look like cross stitch! SO pretty and love the design Vicki!
Lynn

Becky said...

I love this card Vicki! Great layout and love these hearts.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty & fun! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Bad Kitty said...

Lovely card

Margreet said...

What a lovely heart card Vicki....looks like real embroidering!
xxx Margreet

MiamiKel said...

How positively charming! What a fantastic take on the sketch and color photo! Joyous! ❤️

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love all of the stamped hearts and your fabulous layered design!!
Big hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Lovely card Vicki and I especially like how you overlapped them on black frames.

Monika Reeck said...

Vicki...
I ADORE THIS serious...
I love the shape the color and the idea of using the sketch and the color combo.. I was stuck looking at that color combo yellow orange pink red blue green ooh too much for me LOL and you managed it sooo well my friend
I ADORE THIS...so crisp and clean design...
I will try to not type the word verification hope I am not lost my words here LOL

hugs, Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Yeaaah I did not write that WORD verification and its through to your comment section yihhhaaa you are so clever my friend...hugs, Monika

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, I love this.

Patti J said...

Love this, Vicki! Looks like you've stitched it...so realistic! Thanks for sharing! I got rid of my word verification! Changed my comment setting to embedded. Seems to have worked! Hugs...

NanaConnie said...

Oh, my, Vicki -- What a fabulously simple card! Love how you stamped the hearts across two layers. Marvelous design!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card with those hearts, love this one my friend.. xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

debby4000 said...

Such a wonderful card, love those hearts
luv
Debby

Pollard Carole said...

Such a classy card just love those hearts they look amazing and its a gorgeous design Love and hugs Carole x

Intruderlady said...

Beautiful CAS card. Love the spotlight technique. Thanks for joining our Non-Traditional Colors Challenge at Love to Create. Good luck!

Kitty
LTC DT

Davi said...

Wonderful card Vicki, I really like the way you did the hearts diagonally on the side, really look pretty :)

Deepti said...

This is such a fab design :) love those colorful hearts !

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is beautiful! Love those hearts!

Donna said...

Fantastic card Vicki, beautiful CAS Design and the red, blue and green really stand out against the black mat. The piccy looks fine to me! Donna ♥ x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is pure delight to see, I love those hearts in different colours and that black card really shows them off perfectly a superb make.
hugs
lorraine x

Céline said...

really original
love it
hugs
céline

Patti said...

Oh Oh!! loving this CAS card : ) such a sweet color combo!

Patti

Hannelie said...

beautiful stamping!
Great to see you at CTS this week!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful! And I totally need that die set now!

Ruza Rebel said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you used the colors and sketch! Thank you for joining our "Non-Traditional Holiday Colors" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great layout-love the fabulous knitted look stamp
Carol x

Jacki Randolph said...

Beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Love to Create Non- Traditional Holiday colors challenge.
Hugs'
Jackie LTC~owner

Jessi Fogan said...

Such a perfectly stitched look! I LOVE IT! Fab colour choices too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...