"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Bling it On at Tuesday Throwdown!

Hello friends!
Back with you today for another fun new challenge at

Tuesday Throwdown

For this new challenge, we would like to see you..."Bling it On!"
So go ahead and pile on that bling and show us what you got!  We can't wait to see what you come up with for the challenge!  I do love me some bling and it's perfect for Christmas time!

Here's the card that I made for this challenge:
This is the perfect type of image to add some "bling"-age to! LOL!
I've used this Special Chrismas Tree image by Robyn's Fetish who happens to be our generous sponsor for this challenge round.  So be sure to play along with us for your chance to win a prize from them!  The sentiment came from a greeting I had in my stash.  I die cut the panel out with my Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die.

I have colored in the main tree base, bucket base and the ribbons around the candles with my Copic markers.  I've also taken my metallic gel pens and colored in parts of the ornaments, stars and beads.  I then took some glitter and added it to the star tree topper and light from the candles.  I also used some chalk to make the soft glow around them as well.  I finished off my "bling" with some Stickles glitter glue and liquid pearls for accents on the tree.

And if THAT wasn't enough "bling" for ya, I've attached the main panel onto a blue colored glittered card stock piece!  That was attached to a white card base.
I will say that this tree looks SO much prettier in person because you can really appreciate all of the shimmer and sparkle on the design.

Here is a closer look at the "bling" on the tree...
Here, you can perhaps see everything that I've added to the tree.  The only thing that is hard to see how pretty and shimmery it is, is the ornaments that I've colored with my metallic gel pens.  It reminds me of those shinny metal ornaments.

Please be sure to hop on over to the challenge blog and check out what my fellow teammates have made with some blingy projects!  I'm sure you will be inspired to play along with us!

Thanks so much for dropping in today!  See you back again soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Creative Knockouts - All That Glitters
Moving Along with the Times - Inspired by Song - "Oh Christmas Tree..."
Get Creative - Christmas
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Creative Fingers - anything goes

34 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a wonderful Christmas tree and your colouring is stunning.
hugs Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Ya Vicki, wow. Beautiful. Everything about this design, colour and papers used are gorgeous. I have candy, on my side bar, if interested.xx
The Journey is the Start

MiamiKel said...

Oh my word this is gorgeous!! What a lovely tree, especially all blinged up! I love the shimmer and glitz! Over the top fabulous ❤️

Tammy said...

Wonderful Christmas tree and such pretty decorations! Great bling!

jimlynn said...

Blingy, bright, and beautiful!!! Love it!
Lynn

Chrissy said...

What a beautiful tree Vicki and I love the bling and sparkle..so very pretty..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lola said...

So very festive. Wonderful glow your lights put out too.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Beautiful card Vickie. Love the colors and details are fantastic. WTG!!!! Huggies!!!

Beth said...

Beautiful Vicki.
Hugs

Chasing the Dream said...

OMG! What a fabulous sparkling holiday beauty and look at those details. Magnificent coloring and crafting my friend. Happy Holidays
Hugs

vic said...

Wow Vicki your tree looks great love the copic colouring too :) the lawn fawn die looks lovely with the stitching too :)
Hugs
Vic x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Vicki that is one super, gorgeous tree full of bling a real beauty
hugs
lorraine x

Donna K said...

B e a u t i f u l !!! How pretty with the teal glitter throughout your design! I love the "stitched" border and your special Christmas tree, Vicki, so sweet! Have a happy day today! ~Donna K

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Christmas tree and love all the bling-looking at the candles I remember when we were young my Mum and Dad had real candles on the end of the tree branches -health and safety would have a heart attack lol
Carol x

Pat (mspfd) said...

So pretty Beautiful coloring, Vicki. Love the garland you created with the bling. Awesome card!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki your tree is adorable and I bet it looks better in person. All cards look better when you can see them. I love the sparkly paper also it is so pretty . Your garland looks so nice. Love the darling ornaments that you added. You really out done yourself on this card.
Hugs, Pat

Miriam Prantner said...

What a wonderful image! I love the the texture and sparkle from the stickles and liquid pearls!

Davi said...

Super job on the beautiful card Vicki! I love the way you did the glow on the candles and all the pretty bling :)

Pollard Carole said...

Just gorgeous its a fab card loving all the bling wish someone would find a camera to photograph bling !! Love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

Another gorgeous card Vicki! I love that tree and it's colored beautifully, the glow around the candles look fabulous!!
Big hugs, Tammy

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! you really transformed that cute tree image...so beautifully done with all that pretty bling!

Céline said...

fab card, love the shiny paper
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

oh woooowww you really decorated the tree yeaaah I adore all the sparkle on your card and its amazing how you have time to put all the bling on your card..if me..hmm my little boy call me and I have not finish my card on time LOL, ADORABLE card as always my dear..hugs, Monika

Joanne said...

Love your card, it is so festive and cheerful! Great coloring and the stitching and glitter paper really set it all off to perfection! So happy to have you play along with us at Creative Knockouts. Joanne

Regina said...

Oh, what a wonderful and festive Christmas tree! Gorgeous!!!

hugs + smiles
Regina

Lynne said...

Beautiful image - love all the detail you added to the vintage tree! Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers and good luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Creative Fingers DT

nwilliams6 said...

You rocked this challenge! Plenty of bling here and you are right that you picked a perfect image for bling. Great card - blinging but not too bulky! Hugz

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic coloring, Vicki, and I love how your made the candles 'glow' with the chalk. Very effective. Wonderful job on the garland. :-D

Deepti said...

This tree looks so very real :) love the beautifully decorated ornaments !

Desire Fourie said...

Ooh this is so festive and colourful.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue said...

Love it! Cute image and love the sparkle.

Hugs
Sue

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the amazing details you've added to the tree! The glow around the lights is just perfect!
<3 Emily L.

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love all the "bling" and festive tree! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative and good luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Get Creative DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...