"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Anything Goes Christmas at Tuesday Throwdown!

Hello friends!
Are you still working on your Christmas projects, getting them done or barely done...or forget it?! LOL!  Well if you are still working on them or getting a head start for next year, there is the perfect challenge for you to enter your "anything goes" Christmas projects this week at:

Tuesday Throwdown


Here is the card that I made for the challenge:
I've used this beautiful Christmas Ornaments 2 digital stamp by "Crafty Girl Creations" sold from the Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet store.  They are the sponsor for our challenge this week and are providing a lovely prize to a lucky winner!  So be sure to enter your Christmas creations for your chance to win!

I've printed out the image to make it large enough in size to cover the entire front of an A-2 sized card.  The sentiment at the top is from an older stamp I had in my stash.  I embossed it with black embossing powder over the image.
I have used my Copic markers to color in this image and I've also used lots of different media to embellish my ornaments.  I've used a white gel pen, a gold metallic gel pen, glitter and glossy accents.  Unfortunately, you can't see all of these details in the photo.
This one has already been sent out to someone! :)

I've also taken some gold cord and tied a bow at the top of each ornament to give a bit of dimension detail to the card.  The panel was also sponged around the edges with ink and then layered onto a piece of gold card stock and then over top of a red card base.

I hope you've enjoyed my creation and please be sure to hop on over to the
Tuesday Throwdown challenge blog to see all of the gorgeous Christmas projects from the rest of the design team.  I know they will inspire you with their Christmas ideas!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!  Looking forward to seeing your creation in the challenge and I'll see you again tomorrow for more Christmas festivities!  LOL!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this card in:
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes:  Traditional Christmas
Sentimental Sundays - anything goes + sentiment

39 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

beautiful card

Julie B said...

Love these zentangly baubles Vicki. :)

aussie aNNie said...

Wow one super gorgeous card, and your colours are just spectacular.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki - these are stunning. What wonderful images and shading/coloring. Impressive! This may be my fav Christmas card you made this year! Wow. Hugz

Stef H said...

o my word! this is gorgeous. what an image and you just made it POP. just gorgeous!

hugs :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW the ornaments look stunning Vicki!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Desire Fourie said...

Wow wow wow Vicki, this is just stunning. The colouring and details are so festive and the little gold bows is the perfect finishing touch. A sure winner here.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lyn said...

Love +++ what wonderful colours you have done these. Off to check out the digis :)

CaroleAnn said...

Vicki
this is just so rich in color - I want those ornaments for my tree!!!! LOL big hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the fabulous baubles and great colouring
carol x

Beth said...

wow Vicki love this gorgeous colorful Christmas card the patchwork ornaments are lovely, have a very Merry Christmas my friend.
Hugs
Beth

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous! I love the image you used and your coloring if terrific.

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Gorgeous coloring on those pretty ornaments! Love your card so much!!!
Lynn

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Vickiiiii I am jealous ...LOL
I looveee how you colored here...so proffesional colored I want that I can good colored too...IT IS ADORABLE card and love the add gold on that red paper...Love love love that colored ornament too ADORABLE..
hugs, Monika your (little) jeaolus friend hihi...(a bit joke is okay right Vicki??)

Chrissy said...

So very beautiful Vicki..fabulous image and your colouring is wonderful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Patti said...

Hi Vicki : )

You've been busy! since my last visit. so sorry to be MIA - been bit by the "bug" ugh!! But I'm back and doing fine! : )hoping to get back to posting soon.

I just love your cards - always so much inspiration to find on your blog.

I hope you are well and happy in your heart!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like the bright colors and that saying is perfect!!

Tammy said...

Your card is beautiful and colored and shaded to perfection! Love the color combo!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh, Vicki, this card makes me smile! It's just a great handcrafted creation. I love the blue you sponged around the edges. It makes those ornaments seem to glow!

Deepti said...

Wow these ornaments look amazing ! Love the fab coloring :)

Chasing the Dream said...

Happy Holidays Luv., I am in love with this eye catching beauty. They are bejeweled ornaments. Fab colors and beautifully CAS
Hugs

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this is a stunner! Gorgeous coloring of the beautiful ornaments, Vicki!!

Patti J said...

Wowzers, Vicki! This one totally took my breath away! And it's a digi image? Oh my goodness! This may very well be my cased card for next year for the church folks. 100 of these would be fun to color and quick to create! Absolutely stunning, dear friend!

sepatuholig-Grace Njio said...

Such a great card... Happy holidays...
http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

Pollard Carole said...

This is fabulous love the image and the colouring is so perfect a beautiful card love and hugs Carole x

Shelly said...

Ooooh, this is so pretty! Love those ornaments!

Céline said...

really stunning ! love the image
hugs
céline

Regina said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! It's so joyful!

hugs Regina

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this is gorgeous!! I love that image and it's colored beautifully!
Big hugs Tammy

NanaConnie said...

Vicki, I dearly love what you did with the baubles! Wonderful idea to use the gold cord for the bows. Exquisite card.

Tindaloo said...

Lovely christmas card and great coloring! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

Patricia St Martin said...

love all the different colors that gives it a festive look and coloring is stunning. I do love this one from Stitchy Bear she has a couple and they are really neat. The light blue around adds a nice touch.
Hugs, Pat

Davi said...

WOW WOW Vicki I think that this is Gorgeous!! I love the image and the way that you colored them is really soooo beautiful :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your coloring is just fabulous! I love the bows and the striped gold cardstock is a wonderful touch!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Vicki this is so beautiful, love those baubles and the colours, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Lola said...

Your little bows add such a lovely touch to your ornaments.

Jessi Fogan said...

The colours....just gorgeous! Love the bit of gold cord, too, it really makes them pop!

Donna K said...

I am in love with your color scheme here, Vicki...so beautiful and my, your shading is wonderful! The blue sponging is a perfect touch! Hope you have a delightful holiday! ~Donna K

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wowza! The coloring on here is amazing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...