"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

A Flashback For Coloring in Cuteness!

Hello friends!  So are you glad it's Friday finally?!
I am ready for the weekend as I've got to cross off some things from my Holiday "to do" list!
So today starts another "Flashback Friday" post and here's what I've got for you:

Coloring Cuteness

If you have followed along with my blog for a few years, then you know all of those sweet and adorable images that I was lucky enough to accumulate in my stash! :)
I think my favorite of all time has got to be those darling Elisabeth Bell stamps!

I used to be on the "Belles 'n Whistles" design team and sadly it had closed down a couple years back.  The good news is that Elisabeth Bell is opening up a brand new collection on December 15th called "Lissy Bee Stamps"!  I've been seeing this on her Facebook page and her blog.  So if you are a fan of her work, you might want to check that out!  (Of course she does sell her images through her digital collection and Whimsy Stamps -Little Cottage Cuties-currently as well.)

So here is the darling Elisabeth Bell stamp I've chosen to use today:
I honestly do not remember the name of her, but I think she's so sweet with her angel costume peering into what looks like an empty stocking! LOL!  The names were not printed on any of the packaging, so if anyone does know the name of this, I will edit my post with it.
*She may even be re-released somewhere else, but if so, I'm not aware of it.*

And what's REALLY sad about this is that I have NOT inked her up until this card!  I know, slap me!! LOL!  She's been neglected on my stamp shelf with no love!
Well, I'm bringing her back to life today....hence the REASON behind my "Flashback Friday" posts is to get me to do this very thing!  Otherwise, I think it's a tragic waste, right?

So here's my non-traditional Christmas colored Flashback Friday card:
It took me a good 30 minutes to color her in, but I always think that it's worth the effort when I'm done.  I think I'm probably a slow color-er anyway! LOL!
I've used some soft blue and eggplant colors which I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE putting together for my favorite color combo!

She's colored in with my Copic markers, but I've also added some other details to her with my metallic clear gel pen for the trimming scribbles along her angel dress and her halo.
I've also used my white gel pen for dots on the ends of her stocking, some fine glitter to glue on her angel wings and finally some liquid pearls for the dots around the holly leaves and centers of the stamped snowflakes/star bursts in the background.

I've cut the panel out and mounted it on a silver metallic card stock panel with a touch of Pool Party colored card stock along the edge of the panel that was rounded off with my corner chomper and then I took my Elegant Eggplant marker to draw some dash lines on it and then popped it up over my Elegant Eggplant card base that was stamped with the same color of ink with the same snowflake/star burst image that I used on the image panel.

I took some silver metallic ribbon and attached to the front of my card base and added some dots to the centers of the eggplant snowflakes/star bursts on the base.  I also took an older sentiment from my stash and embossed it on my card base with white embossing powder.  I thought it went well with the image! LOL!

Here'a a closer view of the image details:
I am very glad that I got her out for some coloring time fun!
Sometimes I really enjoy to just sit and color...takes me back to my childhood when I would enjoy hours of my time coloring with crayons! :)  It's so relaxing.

So if you'd like to join me on my mission by pulling out an image that has been sitting on your shelf for a while just itching to be pulled out and colored in, then please let me know what you've done by leaving me a comment or link to your project so I can come see it!

I thank you so much for dropping in today!  Hope you've enjoyed my card and have a great weekend!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:

Elisabeth Bell's World - Christmas or "Winter Wonderland"
Elphine House Australia (Elisabeth Bell stamps sold here too!) - Favorite Color Combo (purple & soft blues!)
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations - Anything Goes

Retro Rubber Challenge: Sketchy Christmas (see below) - *New Challenge Blog!

Fan-tastic Tuesday - anything goes with optional twist:  embossing
Cute Card Thursday - Little Angels

44 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

card is beautiful
very nice coloring

Regina said...

Oh, Vicki! Your card is simply fabulous! The stamp is a sweetie!

wish you a wonderful day and sending hugs
Regina

Tammy said...

Thanks for the share and the good news of her new shop! Love you card and especially the colors!

NanaConnie said...

This is just too precious, Vicki! Love your purple and turquoise combo and that ribbon is perfect. Lovely sparkle on her wings and halo. :-D

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous coloring and color combo. The image and all the neat detailing really pops against the luscious dark-colored base. Have a great weekend!

Katy McGloin said...

Gorgeous coloration, Vicki! I am particularly found of angels at Christmas. Thanks for including the RRBC in your stamping fun this week. Hope you come back often!!

Becca Cruger said...

Just absolutely lovely, Vicki! That image IS super sweet and you've created a great design.

Tammy said...

This is stunning Vicki! I love that super sweet image and your coloring is amazing! I'm with you- I find coloring so relaxing!! :) Have a great weekend my friend!
Big hugs, Tammy

Sue said...

This is stunning Vicki. The sweet image is coloured so beautifully, I love the sparkle, fabulous layout and such nice sentiment too.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Vicki this is so beautiful that image is stunning, the colours and card design look amazing, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

jimlynn said...

I'm glad you finally inked her up because she's adorable! Such a sweet card and love your coloring!
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful image and colouring-great minds think alike about an hour ago I was looking at a stamp I have not used for a long time will have to ink it up now lol
carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

Such a cute stamps. I love your card.

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness! Ur coloring skills are mind blowing :)

necgmc said...

Wonderful details and coloring! If we are all honest with ourselves, we had stamps that have never been inked . . . I'm raising my hand on that one too! So glad you came to play with us at Retro Rubber CB, Neva from the DT

Karen Mead said...

Your card is gorgeous vicki and your colouring looks amazing:) hugs xx

aussie aNNie said...

Another delightful card to view, gorgeous stamp Vicki, with wonderful colours. A lovely scene. xx {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Pollard Carole said...

So gorgeous its a fab stamp and I love the design you've made just so pretty love and hugs Carole x

Monika Reeck said...

Purple card yaaayy
I love your coloring Vicki totally adorable and the image sooo sweettt she and blue and purple colors.perfect.....great using the sketch and ADORABLE card as always dear Vicki...hugs, Monika

Becky said...

OH Vicki, she is precious! Beautiful colors and coloring.

Ps. they are still working on my room :) but it looks gorgeous..

kellyscreativecorner.com said...

What a sweet, sweet card. Your coloring makes this a masterpiece and I adore the glittery accents. Thank you Vicki for sharing your wonderful card with us at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog! Your submissions are always so nice.

kellyscreativecorner.com said...

Hi Vicki, after looking at your card a second time I realized that I should tell you about a little girl whom you may want to send this card to; she's a 6-year old who is celebrating her last Christmas and has asked for nothing but Christmas cards. If interested I posted information on my blog today that was found on Stampin' Up!'s demonstrator website. Here's my post with more information if interested... I think your card would be perfect for this little girl, Addie: http://kellyscreativecorner.com/2014/12/06/help-fulfill-a-christmas-wish/comment-page-1/#comment-1789

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe Vicki, this is so beautiful and perfect for the special little girl. It is precious and the coloring is wonderful on this fabulous design.
Hugs

Jane Knudsen said...

Vicki, this card is so beautiful! Everything is colored to perfection! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Ina said...

Oh Vicki this is amazing and truly beautiful. Wow you colour so well - love the colours you used and such an adorable stamp. No wonder you love it.

SonjaK said...

What a cute image, Vicky. And so beautifully colored. Love this card!

Desire Fourie said...

So beautiful Vicki with the aqua and purple colouring. Loving the ribbon.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shelly said...

So pretty, Vicki! Love your coloring!

Ray Schmidt said...

Just beautiful! Love this sweet image and your coloring is perfect! Love the added snowflakes and the beautiful bow. I will be on the lookout for the new store- will they sell the older images, or will they all be new???
~ Shelly

Donna said...

This image is so adorable, and your coloring of her is outstanding!

nwilliams6 said...

What a lovely image and you colored her up beautiful and the colors are so pretty! Fun post. Hugz

Debbie Mageed said...

This little angel is beautiful! I love how you colored this cute little stamp and now that you have used it, I hope you use her again soon! Thank you so much for joining the Retro Rubber Challenge this week!

Margreet said...

Love your coloring of your 'forgotten'stamp Vicki....you inspired me to work with an 'old' stamp set too (it will be posted on 10th Dec on my blog).
xxx Margreet

*Vicki* said...

Shelly, to answer your questions about the new "Lissy Bee" Elisabeth Bell stamp line, I'm not totally sure, but my GUESS is that she will have new images exclusively just for this line. Weather she throws in some of her older illustrations or not, I can't be sure. Thanks for your comment! :)

julieprice3 said...

Just darling Vicki, I love this little cutie and you've coloured her beautifully, very sweet
Hugs Julie P

Sue said...

Beautiful color combo, Vicki, and she surely is a sweetie.

Hugs
Sue

Céline said...

wow !! fabulous
me too i've this problem but ignore that we are not forced to type :)
thanks ;)
hugs
céline

My name is Wynneth said...

aw Vicki what a gorgeous card, that image is so cute and your colouring wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday, there's a new challenge starting today I do hope you will join in again this week.

Hugs
Wynneth. CCT DT
X

Donna said...

Sooooo pretty Vicki, beautiful choice of colours and the silver sentiment is perfect on the purple background! Donna ♥ x

Christine Traversa said...

so lovely!

Katie Skiff said...

This is amazingly beautiful - I love your coloring!! thank you for playing with us again at RR!! We love your cards!!

Pysselbus said...

Vicki, sweeite!! It's been far tooo long!! How are you? Can't help but admire your gorgeous work! Your card is amazing!

Hoping Christmas will make you smile a lot! Thank you for joining EBW this month!

Hugs
Linda

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! I love the colors you used on this sweet Christmas angel! Thanks for joining us for the Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge this month! Merry Christmas! Hugs!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Vicki...WOW this is soooo cute!!! Love love love how you colored her. Such a pretty card:). Thanks for sharing with us at EBWorld! Good luck and Merry Christmas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...